Every year, we ask everyone at Nest to ponder the gifts they want to get (or give) this year, and the result is always a wonderful, strange, techy, beautiful, unique list of presents for pretty much anyone.
And now, on to the best gifts of the season.
For the home.
- Julia is giving her friends these beautiful custom wood cut maps - you can get them for practically any location.
- Kevin B. would kill for one of these awesome Silverfish Aquariums.
- Harry loves these Susan Kare prints of the original Mac icons.
- Matteo is looking for a few Joey Roth planters for his new home.
- Our fearless leader Tony loves these Lumio lights that look like books. There’s already one on his desk.
For the geeks.
- All Andy S. and Jeff B. want are Phantom drones that take amazing photos of everything. Is that so much to ask?
- Steve P. wants to keep his growing family safe with FOBO Tire, a sensor that reports his tire pressure.
- Alberto would like a smart suitcase that connects to his phone so he can find it and lock it remotely.
- Kristen is getting Hiku for her husband so they can scan what they need to pick up from the store and automatically add it to a shared grocery list.
- DWK isn’t screwing around with this year’s Christmas lights. He’s requested a Light-O-Rama starter kit and is going to destroy his neighbors with Christmas spirit.
- Denys will be keeping his data secure with a YubiKey NEO for two-factor authentication.
- Eric L. wants to take 360º pictures for the holidays.
For the kids.
- Sophia is gifting one-year subscriptions to Tinker Crate, which delivers a new experiment in the mail every month.
- Sophia also thinks kids would love Dino Pet, a toy pet that photosynthesizes during the day and glows at night.
- Noelle is giving everyone Adventure Time: Card Wars.
- Trang’s three-year-old is getting a scooter/suitcase Skootcase.
- Julia is giving these amazing planes to the Creative Team at Nest, who are not technically children, but are close enough.
- Jeff is training tiny engineers with a Pi-Bot.
- Brian wants the SparkFun Lectro Candle Kit to teach his kids the basics of electronics.
- Julia thinks it’s never too early to introduce kids to fine fonts with helvetica playing cards.
For looking cool.
- Scott M. wants to look at cool things with this cool Petzval lens.
- Manik is giving all his cool friends this twill backpack.
- Tommy wants the incredibly cool Rolex Explorer.
- Dina’s feet are always too cool, so she’s getting the best slippers in the world.
- Manik also loves this beautiful, minimal Madera wallet.
For getting moving.
- Rhianna wants Revolights for her bike.
- Noelle wants Wahoo TICKR Run to track his heart beat.
- Manik is looking for a Jawbone Up3 to keep track of his fitness stats.
- All Jeff has ever wanted is a hoverboard.
- Tom would love a Tom Burton Custom snowboard.
- Evelyn loves keeping track of her activity with Misfit Shine and is getting them for friends and family this year.
- Toshiro would love this Cedar Cycling Jersey for his bike rides.
For the audiophile.
- Kate wants Bose QuiteComfort Noise Canceling Headphones to cancel out all the noise the rest of us are making.
- Noelle wants a subscription to Tidal for high-fidelity music streaming.
- Aster is looking for a Skullcandy Surround Sound Wireless Gaming Headset under the tree this year.
- Kevin P. wants the classiest Bluetooth speakers on the market.
For the hungry.
- Julia thinks everyone deserves something sweet.
- Alex knows the only gift worth giving is cupcakes in a jar, mailed fresh from Wicked Good Cupcakes.
- Elaine is giving this amazing Whiskey Wedge.
- And Elaine is hoping to receive in return the ultimate in cooler technology.
For the literary.
- Don can never know enough about Star Wars.
- Julia’s favorite travel books to get and give are Wildsam Field Guides.
- And once you’re out in the world, Manik thinks you should have somewhere to take good notes.
- Finally, Julia (our ultimate MVP of gift-giving) wants the Plenty More guide to vegetable cooking for all her future vegetable eating needs.
And, of course, let’s not forget the best gifts of the year: the Nest Learning Thermostat, Nest Protect: Smoke + Carbon Monoxide alarm, and the Dropcam: Wi-Fi Video camera. If you’re not sure what to get someone this year, give them warmth, safety and peace of mind.