We are notorious, we fathers. Impossible to shop for. Awful at presents. And every birthday, Christmas, Father’s Day we unwrap beautiful boxes full of socks, ties, tools. Socks, ties, tools.
So this year, Nest is going to help you do better. I asked everyone at Nest to send over their Father’s Day gift ideas. And, as with our annual holiday gift guide, the ideas poured in. And, as with our annual holiday gift guide, they were fantastic. So today we’re sharing them with you.
Gifts for hungry dads.
- Rob wants a Cinder Sensing Cooker that makes it almost impossible to over or undercook meats and vegetables.
- Ben thinks Beecher’s in Seattle makes some of the best cheese he’s ever tasted. He’s hoping his daughters will get this Mac and Cheese gift set for him this Father’s Day.
- Bryan would like to make his dad King of the Grill with this great BBQ set.
- Kristen's dad has an excellent sense of humor. Hopefully. So she’s getting him Jim Gaffigan’s memoir.
Gifts for thirsty dads.
- Corey is thinking of giving his parents this Soma pitcher which filters a lot of water with a lot of style.
- Andy would like bourbon. That is all.
- Abdul needs coffee. Aerobie makes delicious espresso quickly and anywhere. Problem solved.
- Abdul would then like to pour his coffee into Vessyl, which automatically knows and tracks everything you drink.
- Enough “World’s Best Dad” mugs. Brian wants to drink out of a camera lens. Of course this might also be a good gift for our next set of dads.
Gifts for photographer dads.
- Marc thinks any hunter or fisherman would appreciate this mount that fits a GoPro on your rifle or fishing pole.
- Andy wants this hand-held stabilizer that will keep his GoPro steady even if he’s running or walking.
- Peter wants a Radian that lets him take amazing time-lapse photography automatically.
Gifts for techy dads.
- Dina is trying to stop looking at her phone while driving, so she wants a pop-up display of her Dad’s texts with Navdy.
- Matteo would love a Sense, a little ball that tracks your sleep, monitors the environment in your bedroom and reinvents the alarm.
- Of course both Abdul’s kids are under five, but that doesn’t stop him dreaming that one day they’ll get him a one-wheel powered skateboard.
- David K is getting everyone drones, regardless of their gender or tendency to procreate.
- Aubrey wants to get her dad a Chamberlain control for the garage door opener so he can open and close it from his phone and stop worrying about whether he left it open.
Gifts for dads in the great outdoors.
- Brian wants a see-through canoe for his dad. And himself. And everyone else.
- If California wasn’t in the middle of a drought and killing off all its lawns, Elaine would get her dad a robotic mower.
- Dalton wants this amazing Blaze laser light that projects an image of a bike six meters in front of you so people can see you coming.
Gifts for dads with style.
- Corey wants to give his dad an appointment with Trumaker, who will then custom make him shirts and blazers to his measurements.
Sometimes all you need is a good watch. Sagar’s a fan of this Tag Heuer.
Kristen thinks her dad would appreciate this manly overnight bag from Filson.
- Archana - and a ton of other people - think the Apple Watch would make a great gift.
- Ok, yes, it’s socks. But Bryan thinks anyone would appreciate this Top of the Morning gift set.
Gifts for dads who decorate.
- Kristen thinks her dad would love this vintage map for his man room.
- Corey’s dad is a music lover who’d love these reclaimed record coasters.
- Sagar thinks every dad should have a Wall Street Journal subscription.
- Kristen’s dad’s room is going to look pretty amazing covered in framed patent art.
- Praveen is in love with the beautiful bulbs and light fixtures of Brooklyn Bulbs.
Hope you find something here for your dad. Or husband. Or yourself. Or your mom. She’s probably earned another gift since last week.
And if none of those gifts seem right, may I recommend my personal favorites: the Nest Learning Thermostat, Nest Protect Smoke + CO alarm, and Dropcam. We’ll give you free shipping on orders over $198.