Use less energy.
And get paid up to $125.
The Nest Learning Thermostat learns what temperatures you like to keep you comfortable and help you save. And now we’ve partnered with Hydro One to help manage your energy consumption.
Yes – Hydro One wants you to use less energy.
Why? It’s a win-win – lower energy consumption for you means Hydro One can better ease the strain on Ontario’s electrical system during times of high demand.
Together, Nest and Hydro One are offering new ways to help you save throughout the year. Get paid up to $125 when you participate in Rush Hour Rewards. And use up to 10% less energy on heating and cooling with Seasonal Savings.
The enrollment period has ended. Enter your email to stay up to date with energy programs from Nest.
Meet the 3rd generation Nest
The Nest Thermostat programs itself, automatically saves energy when you’re away and can be controlled from anywhere.
No more confusing programming. Nest learns the temperatures you like and builds a personalized schedule for your home.
Don’t waste energy heating or cooling an empty home. Nest automatically saves energy when you’re away.
The more you know, the more you can save. See how much energy you’ve used in the last 10 days.
Change the temperature from anywhere with your phone, tablet or laptop.
Rush Hour Rewards
Hydro One wants you to use less energy so they’ll send you a $100 cheque when you sign up for Rush Hour Rewards. You’ll get another $25 after you complete a series of 3 surveys about the program.
Here’s how it works:
- Hydro One wants to lower demand during peak energy rush hours, like those hot summer days when everyone’s cranking up the air conditioning.
- Nest Thermostat can help you avoid using energy during those rush hours by automatically cooling your home ahead of time.
- You’re in control. If you’re home, Nest won’t let the temperature rise more than a few degrees. But if you start to feel warm, you can change the temperature at any time.
You may not even notice it working, but Seasonal Savings can help you save up to 10% on heating and air conditioning.
Every summer and winter, Seasonal Savings slowly fine-tunes the temperatures in your schedule to save energy.
Here’s how it works:
- Seasonal Savings might adjust the temperature a degree while you sleep, or tweak the temperature half a degree in the morning. Tiny adjustments will add up over a few weeks.
- You can change the temperature at any time. If you’re too warm or too cold, just adjust your thermostat. Nest will listen.
Sign up, pay less, stay comfortable.
Sign up for Rush Hour Rewards and Seasonal Savings and here’s what you can expect:
- When you sign up for Rush Hour Rewards, Hydro One will send you a $100 cheque for each wifi-connected Nest Thermostat that controls an air conditioner. Hydro One will send you another $25 after you complete a series of 3 surveys about the program.
- There will be a maximum of 10 four-hour rush hour events each summer. Rush hours will begin sometime between 1pm-3pm and only on weekdays. You’ll only get one rush hour a day, and there will never be a rush hour more than three days in a week.
- Enrollment is limited and on a first-come first-served basis.
- Seasonal Savings has helped Nest owners use up to 10% less energy on heating and cooling.
- Seasonal Savings is available twice a year: at the beginning of summer and winter.