Size and weight
- Camera dimensions: 5 in x 3.7 in x 3.7 in (12.8 cm x 9.3 cm x 9.3 cm)
- Mass: 20 oz (568 g)
- Total cable length: 25 ft (7.5 m)
- Open a window, route the power cord through, then close it.
- Drill through your exterior wall and plug it into an indoor outlet
- Plug it into an outdoor outlet with the Weatherproof Power Adapter for Nest Cam IQ outdoor. (Sold separately)
- Buy now >
- Watch the installation video >
- Not sure which option is best? Leave it to a Nest Pro.
- Learn more >
- 1/2.5-inch, 8-megapixel (4K) color sensor, 12x digital zoom and enhance, close-up tracking view
- Up to 1080p (1920 x 1080) at 30 frames/sec, H.264 encoding, HDR
Field of view
- 130° diagonal
- High-quality speaker, 3-microphone array
- Status light and RGB light ring
- High-power 850 nm infrared LEDs
- –40° to 113°F (–40° to 45°C)
- IP66 rating (weatherproof)
- AC adapter input: 100-240V AC, 50/60Hz, 0.65A
- AC adapter output: 15V DC, 1.87A
- Camera input: 15V DC, 1.0A
- Requires an indoor power outlet
- 128-bit AES with TLS/SSL
In the box
- Nest Cam IQ outdoor camera
- Wall plate
- Outdoor power cable
- Indoor power adapter
- Hex key
- Cable clips
- Wall anchors
- Installation Guide
- 802.11b/g/n/ac @ 2.4GHz, 5GHz (WEP, WPA, WPA2 encryption supported)
- Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)
- 802.15.4 @ 2.4GHz
- Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, 2.4GHz or 5GHz (WEP, WPA, WPA2 encryption supported). Working broadband internet connection with at least 2 Mbps upload speed recommended (DSL may not qualify).
- Requires a compatible phone or tablet with the free Nest app and Bluetooth 4.0. Some phones, tablets and networks do not support 1080p. For more info visit nest.com/requirements. Use requires creation of a Nest Account and acceptance of Terms of Service, which can be found online at nest.com/terms.
- Video streaming and Nest Aware may be subject to interruptions or failures for reasons beyond Nest’s control, like intermittent Wi-Fi or service provider outages. Nest Cam and Nest Aware do not provide third-party monitored emergency notification or response.
- For optimal video quality at 1080p, working broadband internet connection with at least 2 Mbps upload speed per camera recommended (DSL may not qualify). Cameras will use more bandwidth to stream video when there is more motion in the scene. If you subscribe to Nest Aware, your camera streams all video to the cloud for secure offsite storage. You can adjust your camera’s video quality to use less bandwidth and monthly data.
- English (US, UK)
- French (Canada, France)
- Spanish (Americas, Spain)
- RoHS compliant
- REACH compliant
- Recyclable packaging
- Learn more at nest.com/responsibility
- 2-year limited warranty (details in box). For support, visit nest.com/support