Sign up and get $75.
Sign up with Cape Hatteras Electric Cooperative (CHEC) for Rush Hour Rewards and get a $75 bill credit. Plus you’ll get a $4 bill credit for each month you stay enrolled.
Rush Hour Rewards helps you use less energy during peak hours while allowing you to stay comfortable and in control.Sign up
Meet the 3rd generation Nest Learning Thermostat
No more confusing programming. Nest learns the temperatures you like and builds a personalized schedule for your home.
Don’t waste energy heating or cooling an empty home. Nest automatically saves energy when you’re away.
The more you know, the more you can save. See how much energy you’ve used in the last 10 days.
Change the temperature from anywhere with your phone, tablet or laptop.
Maximize your savings. Minimize your energy bill.
Rush Hour Rewards
CHEC wants to pay you to use less energy when everyone else is using more. And your Nest Thermostat can do it automatically.
Here’s how it works:
- CHEC wants to lower demand during energy rush hours, like those hot summer afternoons when everyone’s using more energy.
- The Nest Thermostat can help you use less energy by cooling your home down ahead of time and tweaking the temperature up to three degrees during the rush hour.
- You’re in control. If you’re home, Nest won’t let it get too hot. But if you start to feel warm, you can change the temperature at any time.
Rush Hour Rewards
- You’ll get a $75 bill credit for each Nest Thermostat from CHEC for enrolling in Rush Hour Rewards. Plus you’ll get a $4 bill credit for each month you stay enrolled.
- You’ll need to have a heat pump to enroll.
- There won’t be more than 16 rush hour events each summer and 16 rush hour events each winter.
- Each energy rush hour will last up to four hours. Rush hours happen between 12 p.m. and 9 p.m. in the summer and between 6 a.m. and 9 p.m. in the winter.
- There will be no more than one rush hour event a day, and there will never be more than three rush hour events per week.