Sign up and get paid $50.
The Nest Thermostat learns what temperatures you like so it can keep you comfortable and help you save energy. Now Nest and Minnesota Valley Electric Coop (MVEC) are working together to help your Nest Thermostat do even more.
Sign up for Rush Hour Rewards and get a $50 bill credit from MVEC. Plus you could get a 10% discount on summer energy bills. Rush Hour Rewards helps you use less energy during peak hours while allowing you to stay comfortable and in control.Sign up
Maximize your savings. Minimize your energy bill.
Rush Hour Rewards
MVEC wants to pay you to use less energy when everyone else is using more. And your Nest Thermostat can do it automatically.
Here’s how it works:
- MVEC wants to lower demand during energy rush hours, like those hot summer afternoons when everyone’s using more energy.
- The Nest Thermostat can help you use less energy by cooling your home down ahead of time and tweaking the temperature up to three degrees during the rush hour.
- You’re in control. If you’re home, Nest won’t let it get too hot. But if you start to feel warm, you can change the temperature at any time.
Rush Hour Rewards
- You’ll get a $50 bill credit after you enroll. Plus a 10% discount will be applied to your electric bill from June through September each year you stay enrolled unless you’re already paying reduced rates as part of the Energy Wise air conditioning program.
- There won’t be more than 15 rush hour events each summer.
- Each energy rush hour will last up to four hours and happen only on weekdays. Rush hours happen between 3 p.m. and 10 p.m. unless it’s a power emergency.
- There will be no more than one rush hour event a day, and there will never be more than three rush hour events per week.
Read the Terms and conditions.