Get paid $30.
The Nest Thermostat learns what temperatures you like so it can keep you comfortable and help you save energy. Now it can do even more.
National Grid will give you a $30 Virtual Visa® gift card for signing up for Rush Hour Rewards. Starting your second year, you can get up to $20 for each year you participate.* Rush Hour Rewards helps you use less energy when everyone else is using more, like on hot summer afternoons, while you stay comfortable and in control.
You will need to be a National Grid electric customer in Upstate New York with central air conditioning to participate.
*To get the yearly payment, you need to participate in at least 80% of Rush Hour events.Sign up
Maximize your savings. Minimize your energy bill.
Rush Hour Rewards
National Grid will pay you to use less energy when everyone else is using more. And your Nest Thermostat can do it automatically.
Here’s how it works:
- National Grid wants to lower demand during energy rush hours, like those hot summer afternoons when everyone’s cranking up the air conditioning.
- The Nest Thermostat can help you use less energy by cooling your home down ahead of time and tweaking the temperature up to three degrees during the rush hour.
- You’re in control. If you’re home, Nest won’t let it get too hot. But if you start to feel warm, you can change the temperature at any time.
Rush Hour Rewards
- National Grid will give you a $30 Virtual Visa® gift card for signing up for Rush Hour Rewards. Starting your second year, you’ll get up to $20 for each year you participate. To get the yearly payment, you need to participate in at least 80% of Rush Hour events.
- There will be a maximum of 15 four-hour rush hour events each summer. Rush hours will occur between 12:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m. and only on weekdays. You’ll only get one rush hour event a day, and there will never be more than three rush hour events in a week.