Get paid up to $40 to be more energy efficient.
The Nest Thermostat learns what temperatures you like so it can keep you comfortable and help you save energy. Now it can do even more.
Sign up for Rush Hour Rewards and you’ll get a $40 Virtual Visa® prepaid card after the first summer season you’re enrolled and $25 for each additional year you stay enrolled. Rush Hour Rewards helps you use less energy on hot summer afternoons, while you stay comfortable and in control.
You will need to be a National Grid electric customer with central AC and live in Massachusetts or Rhode Island to participate.Sign up
Maximize your savings. Minimize your energy bill.
Rush Hour Rewards
National Grid will pay you to use less energy when everyone else is using more. And your Nest Thermostat can do it automatically.
Here’s how it works:
- National Grid wants to lower demand during energy rush hours, like those hot summer afternoons when everyone’s cranking up the air conditioning.
- The Nest Thermostat can help you use less energy by cooling your home down ahead of time and tweaking the temperature up to three degrees during the rush hour.
- You’re in control. If you’re home, Nest won’t let it get too hot. But if you start to feel warm, you can change the temperature at any time.
Rush Hour Rewards
- National Grid will give you a $40 Virtual Visa® prepaid card after your first summer enrolled in Rush Hour Rewards. Plus another $25 for each additional year you stay enrolled.
- There will be a maximum of 15 four-hour rush hour events each summer. Rush hours will occur between 10 a.m. and 8 p.m. and only on weekdays. You’ll only get one rush hour event a day, and there will never be more than three rush hour events in a week.