Get paid $85.
The Nest Thermostat learns what temperatures you like so it can keep you comfortable and help you save energy. Now Nest and NYSEG are working together to help it do even more.
Sign up for Rush Hour Rewards to get an $85 Amazon e-gift card from NYSEG. Plus you could get $5 for each rush hour event you fully participate in. Rush Hour Rewards helps you use less energy during summer peak hours, while allowing you to stay comfortable and in control.Sign up
Meet the 3rd generation Nest Learning Thermostat
No more confusing programming. Nest learns the temperatures you like and builds a personalized schedule for your home.
Don’t waste energy heating or cooling an empty home. Nest automatically saves energy when you’re away.
The more you know, the more you can save. See how much energy you’ve used in the last 10 days.
Change the temperature from anywhere with your phone, tablet or laptop.
Maximize your savings. Minimize your energy bill.
Rush Hour Rewards
NYSEG wants to pay you to use less energy when everyone else is using more. And your Nest Thermostat can do it automatically.
Here’s how it works:
- NYSEG wants to lower demand during energy rush hours, like those hot summer afternoons when everyone’s using more energy.
- The Nest Thermostat can help you use less energy by cooling your home down ahead of time and tweaking the temperature up to three degrees during the rush hour.
- You’re in control. If you’re home, Nest won’t let it get too hot. But if you start to feel warm, you can change the temperature at any time.
Rush Hour Rewards
- You’ll get an $85 Amazon e-gift card after you enroll. Plus get $5 for each rush hour event you fully participate in. (That means not turning your thermostat down during the rush hour event.)
- There will be a maximum of 15 four-hour rush hour events each summer. Rush hours may occur between 1 p.m. and 7 p.m. and only on weekdays.
- There will be no more than one rush hour event a day, and there will never be more than three rush hour events per week, unless there is a power emergency.
Read the Terms and conditions.