Get paid up to $120.
A Nest thermostat learns what temperatures you like so it can keep you comfortable and help you save energy. Now it can do even more.
Omaha Public Power District will give you a $100 bill credit for signing up for Rush Hour Rewards. And if you stay enrolled through the summer, you’ll receive an additional $20 credit.
You need to be an Omaha Public Power District customer with central air conditioning to participate.SIGN UP
Maximize your savings. Minimize your energy bill.
Rush Hour Rewards
Omaha Public Power District will pay you to use less energy when everyone else is using more. And your Nest thermostat can do it automatically.
Here’s how it works:
- Omaha Public Power District wants to lower demand during energy rush hours, like those hot summer afternoons when everyone’s cranking up the air conditioning.
- A Nest thermostat can help you use less energy by cooling your home down ahead of time and tweaking the temperature up to three degrees during the rush hour.
- You’re in control. If you’re home, Nest won’t let it get too hot. But if you start to feel warm, you can change the temperature at any time.
Rush Hour Rewards
- Omaha Public Power District will give you a $100 bill credit for signing up for Rush Hour Rewards. Plus, you’ll receive an additional $20 credit after the summer if you stay enrolled.
- There will be a maximum of 15 rush hour events each summer, and each event will be no longer than four hours.
- Rush hours will occur between 12 p.m. and 9 p.m. and only on weekdays.
- You’ll only get one rush hour event a day, and there will never be more than three rush hour events in a week.
- If you’re currently participating in OPPD’s Cool Smart Program, you will be unenrolled from that program when you sign up for Rush Hour Rewards. An OPPD certified electrical contractor will remove the Cool Smart device at no cost to you in about 15 business days. If you want to schedule an appointment for the removal, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.