Get paid up to $75 to try something new.
The Nest Thermostat learns what temperatures you like so it can keep you comfortable and help you save energy. Now Nest and PGE are working together to help it do even more.
Sign up for Rush Hour Rewards to get a $25 check from PGE. Plus get $25 for each summer or winter season you are enrolled – up to $50 a year.
Rush Hour Rewards helps you use less energy on cold winter mornings or hot summer afternoons, while allowing you to stay comfortable and in control.Sign up
Meet the 3rd generation Nest Learning Thermostat
No more confusing programming. Nest learns the temperatures you like and builds a personalized schedule for your home.
Don’t waste energy heating or cooling an empty home. Nest automatically saves energy when you’re away.
The more you know, the more you can save. See how much energy you’ve used in the last 10 days.
Change the temperature from anywhere with your phone, tablet or laptop.
Maximize your savings. Minimize your energy bill.
Rush Hour Rewards
PGE will pay you to use less energy when everyone else is using more. And your Nest Thermostat can do it automatically.
Here’s how it works:
- PGE wants to lower demand during energy rush hours, like those cold winter mornings and hot summer afternoons when everyone’s using more energy.
- The Nest Thermostat can help you use less energy by adjusting the temperature ahead of time and tweaking it up to three degrees during the rush hour.
- You’re in control. If you’re home, Nest won’t let it get too hot or too cold. But if you start to feel uncomfortable, you can change the temperature at any time.
Rush Hour Rewards
- Earn up to $75 in the first year. Portland General Electric will send you $25 about 6 to 8 weeks after you enroll. Plus you get an extra $25 for each winter and summer you stay enrolled.
- There will be a maximum of 10 three-hour rush hour events each summer. Rush hours may occur between 3 and 8 p.m. on weekdays. You’ll only get one rush hour event a day, and there will never be more than three rush hour events per week.
- There will be a maximum of 10 three-hour rush hour events each winter. Rush hours may occur between 7 and 11 a.m. or 3 and 8 p.m. on weekdays. You’ll only get one rush hour event a day, and there will never be more than three rush hour events per week.
- There will never be any rush hours on weekends or holidays.
Terms and conditions apply. Qualified PGE customers enrolled in Rush Hour Rewards can receive the following payments: $25 per summer or winter season for heat pump systems, up to $50 per year; $25 per summer season for central air conditioning; $25 per winter season for central electric furnaces.
You must participate in at least 50% of rush hour events during a summer or winter season in order to be eligible for the seasonal payment.