Get paid up to $75 in your first year with us.
The Nest Thermostat learns what temperatures you like so it can keep you comfortable and help you save energy. Now it can do even more.
Sign up for Rush Hour Rewards to get a $50 gift card and a $25 gift card for each summer you stay enrolled. Rush Hour Rewards helps you use less energy on hot summer afternoons, while allowing you to stay comfortable and in control.Sign up
Meet the 3rd generation Nest Learning Thermostat
No more confusing programming. Nest learns the temperatures you like and builds a personalized schedule for your home.
Don’t waste energy heating or cooling an empty home. Nest automatically saves energy when you’re away.
The more you know, the more you can save. See how much energy you’ve used in the last 10 days.
Change the temperature from anywhere with your phone, tablet or laptop.
Maximize your savings. Minimize your energy bill.
Rush Hour Rewards
SDG&E will reward you for using less energy when everyone else is using more. And your Nest Thermostat can do it automatically.
Here’s how it works:
- SDG&E® wants to lower demand during energy rush hours, like those hot summer afternoons when everyone’s cranking up the air conditioning.
- The Nest Thermostat can help you use less energy by cooling your home down ahead of time and tweaking the temperature up to three degrees during the rush hour.
- You’re in control. If you’re home, Nest won’t let it get too hot. But if you start to feel warm, you can change the temperature at any time.
Rush Hour Rewards
- You’ll get a $50 gift card in the mail after you enroll in Rush Hour Rewards. You’ll get another $25 gift card for each summer you stay enrolled.
- You can save money if you also sign up for SDG&E’s Reduce Your UseSM Rewards program. You’ll receive an invitation after you enroll in Rush Hour Rewards.
- There will be a maximum of 18 four-hour rush hour events each year. Rush hours will occur between 11 a.m. and 9 p.m. You’ll only get one rush hour event a day, and there will never be more than three rush hour events in a week.
Read the Rush Hour Rewards Terms & Conditions. Program funding is provided by California utility customers and administered by SDG&E under the auspices of the California Public Utilities Commission. Program funds are available on a first-come, first-served basis until funds are no longer available.