Get paid up to $125 without lifting a finger.
The Nest Thermostat learns what temperatures you like so it can keep you comfortable and help you save energy. Now it can do even more.
Sign up for Rush Hour Rewards, and you’ll get a $75 bill credit if you’re a Southern California Edison (SCE) customer. If you’re also a customer of SoCalGas®, you’ll get an additional $50. And depending on the weather and how much energy you save during rush hour events, you could earn up to $60 more a year.
Rush Hour Rewards helps you use less energy during energy rush hours on hot summer afternoons, while you stay comfortable and in control.Sign up
Meet the 3rd generation Nest Learning Thermostat
No more confusing programming. Nest learns the temperatures you like and builds a personalized schedule for your home.
Don’t waste energy heating or cooling an empty home. Nest automatically saves energy when you’re away.
The more you know, the more you can save. See how much energy you’ve used in the last 10 days.
Change the temperature from anywhere with your phone, tablet or laptop.
Maximize your savings. Minimize your energy bill.
Rush Hour Rewards
SCE will pay you to use less energy when everyone else is using more. And your Nest Thermostat can do it automatically.
Here’s how it works:
- SCE wants to lower demand during energy rush hours, like those hot summer afternoons when everyone’s cranking up the air conditioning.
- The Nest Thermostat can help you use less energy by cooling your home down ahead of time and tweaking the temperature up to three degrees during the rush hour.
- You’re in control. If you’re home, Nest won’t let it get too hot. But if you start to feel warm, you can change the temperature at any time.
Rush Hour Rewards
- You’ll get a $75 bill credit after you enroll in Rush Hour Rewards if you’re an SCE customer. If you’re a customer of both SCE and SoCalGas, you’ll get $125.
- SCE will pay you $1.25 for every kilowatt-hour of energy you save during rush hour events through their Save Power Days program. Depending on the weather and how much energy you save, you could earn up to $60 each year.
- SCE expects no more than 12 four-hour rush hour events each summer. Rush hours will occur between 2 p.m. and 6 p.m. and only on weekdays. You’ll only get one rush hour event a day, and there usually won't be more than three rush hour events in a week.
Read the Rush Hour Rewards Terms & Conditions. This program is funded by California utility customers and administered by SCE and co-funded by Southern California Gas Company under the auspices of the California Public Utilities Commission. The program will continue until funding is exhausted or program is terminated, whichever occurs first. Program is subject to change without notice.