A chance to win free electricity.
The Nest Thermostat learns what temperatures you like so it can keep you comfortable and help you save energy. Now Nest customers in Texas can help it do even more.
If you’re an eligible Texas resident, you can enroll in Rush Hour Rewards and can earn chances to win free electricity for a year through Smart Savers Texas. Working together, we can help reduce stress on the grid.
The enrollment period has ended. Enter your email to stay up to date with energy programs from Nest.
Maximize your savings. Minimize your energy bill.
Rush Hour Rewards
Smart Savers Texas wants your help to reduce stress on the grid in your electricity service area. And your Nest Thermostat can do it automatically.
Here’s how it works:
- Smart Savers Texas wants to lower demand during energy rush hours, like those hot summer afternoons when everyone’s using more energy.
- The Nest Thermostat can help you use less energy by cooling your home down ahead of time and tweaking the temperature up to three degrees during the rush hour.
- You’re in control. If you’re home, Nest won’t let it get too hot. But if you start to feel warm, you can change the temperature at any time.
Rush Hour Rewards
- Sign up for Rush Hour Rewards and you’ll be eligible for the Smart Savers Texas free electricity sweepstakes. You’ll get a new entry in the sweepstakes every time you fully participate in a rush hour event. (That means not turning your thermostat down during the rush hour event.)
- Rush hour events happen when there’s unusually high demand on the grid or for system testing.
- There won’t be more than 8 rush hour events each summer. Events will be no more than 4 hours long. Rush hours will occur between 1 and 7 p.m. and only on weekdays.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Click for “Official Rules” for the “Win Free Electricity For a Year” promotion (the “Promotion”). Promotion is open to individuals who (1) are at time of entry 18 or older, legal residents of Texas, and reside at a qualifying address; (2) own the Nest Thermostat before 3/1/17; (3) have already agreed to participate in demand response events pursuant to the Program Terms and Conditions and (4) participate in at least one event this summer. For each event you participate in, you will receive one entry into the sweepstakes drawing. Promotion entries must be submitted by 11:59:59 PM CT on 9/30/17. Mail-in entries must be postmarked by 9/30/17. See Official Rules for how to enter by registration and mail. Odds of winning will vary depending on number of eligible entries. Promotion Sponsor is EnergyHub, Inc., located at 232 3rd St, Suite C201, NY, NY 11215. Nest Labs, Inc. is not a sponsor or administrator of the Promotion.