Recycle your old smoke alarm or thermostat.
Thermostats and smoke or carbon monoxide alarms should be taken to a local collection point where they can be recycled in a way that protects human health and the environment.
Where we’re at now.
Nest is still growing and changing. Every day we see more that we could do, and we plan to do it. But here’s where we are now:
- No hazardous substances. We’re fully compliant with RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances Directive).
- We require ISO 14001 Environmental Management Standard certification in suppliers.
- Worker safety. We’re continuing to develop our auditing process for worker safety, and are certified in compliance with local labor laws in manufacturing regions.
- REACH compliance. We’re in accordance with this EU requirement to manage chemicals correctly and not to bring certain chemicals into the country.
- Sustainability. We’re working with well-known corporations overseas in order to source from companies who are committed to improving social and environmental practices.