Nest Cam IQ heads outside with purpose-built powerful, intelligent outdoor security camera
Powerful, Intelligent Outdoor Security Camera Joins Lineup of Top-Rated, Award-Winning Nest Indoor and Outdoor Cameras
London, UK — 10 april 2018 — Nest Labs, Inc., architect of the thoughtful home, today announced the availability of the Nest Cam IQ outdoor security camera across Europe. Offering leading imaging and intelligent features to serve up the most important, actionable information - like spotting someone unfamiliar in the garden – you can spend more time living your life, and less time managing the security of your home.
Instead of just showing you what’s happening, Nest Cam IQ outdoor is smart enough to differentiate between a person and your neighbour’s cat and can alert you accordingly. When it detects a person, it can send a person alert to your phone and will automatically zoom in on and follow the person in the frame so you can get better information about what they’re doing.1 And with a Nest Aware subscription, you can even get a personalised alerts that lets you know if its a friend or family member, or an unfamiliar person.
“Buying a security camera is driven by the peace of mind that comes from knowing your home and family are protected. But when it comes to keeping an eye on your home, a camera shouldn’t just show you what’s happening, it should be able to deliver critical, actionable information via an alert so users know what’s important,” said Lionel Guicherd-Callin, Head of EMEA Product Marketing, Nest Labs. “With the launch of Nest Cam IQ, we introduced one of the most intelligent and powerful cameras on the market to bring better security to the inside of your home. And now with the launch of Nest Cam IQ outdoor in Europe we’re bringing that intelligence outside.”
The Nest Cam IQ outdoor customer experience starts with a strong foundation of purpose-built hardware and software to help protect the outside of your home:
• High quality video. Just like the indoor version, Nest Cam IQ outdoor includes Supersight which lets you zoom in up to 12x and get an enhanced view of a specific area, like your garden, with its 4K digital sensor, HDR and 1080p HD video. It can also automatically zoom in and follow a person walking across your garden and show you a close-up tracking shot with a wide 130° view, and night vision with infrared LEDs evenly illuminates the area when it’s dark.
• Robust design. Nest Cam IQ outdoor’s extreme heavy-duty weatherproofing ensures that your security is tough enough to stands up to rain, snow, wind, and even the occasional spray with your hose due it’s IP66 rating. The power cable is concealable, so it is tamper-resistant, and offers a secure installation.
• Audio and visual theft deterrence. Deter unwelcome guests with the camera’s powerful speaker, which is 15x more powerful than Nest Cam Outdoor, and the HD Talk and Listen feature. When you speak through the app, the Nest Cam IQ outdoor’s light ring will also pulsate to draw an unwelcome guest's attention to the camera.
• Built-in Security. The Nest Cam IQ outdoor is plugged into power, so you get 24/7 continuous live streaming at up to 1080p HD video to your phone, tablet or laptop. Video is encrypted on-device, using 128-bit AES with TLS/SSL secure connection, and two-step verification offers an optional extra layer of security for your Nest account. Whilst over-the-air updates ensure your camera is automatically updated.2
Having a security camera doesn’t matter if you’re not watching your video stream at the right time, so the Nest Cam IQ outdoor comes with intelligence out-of-the-box, so you know what’s happening, when it matters.
• Person alerts. When Nest Cam IQ outdoor identifies that there’s a person within the camera’s field of vision – rather than a pet, plant or a shadow on the wall – it can send a special alert with a curated zoomed-in photo.
• Supersight. When you check the app to see what’s happening, you’ll see a high-definition experience, including a full 130-degree view of the area, and a close-up tracking view of the person it’s detected. That means you can see images in more detail, as well as the overall context of the scene.
• Activity alerts. Your Nest Cam captures up to 2.6 million high-definition frames a day, which is a lot to scan through. Nest Cam IQ outdoor’s Sightline feature involves innovative algorithms that narrow down to the most relevant frames, so you can quickly and seamlessly see the story of each day, without missing a beat. It also pulls out key moments automatically and zooms in on the action so you don’t waste time digging through footage, and can send you an alert with a snapshot, so you can review what happened even if you missed an alert. A 3-hour snapshot history is accessible in the Nest app.
With Nest Cam IQ outdoor, if a customer subscribes to Nest Aware, the camera gains access to advanced cloud-based algorithms to deliver an extra layer of intelligence, as well as 5-, 10- or 30-day continuous video history starting from €5 a month / £4 a month.
• Custom Activity Zones. The ability to highlight specific areas within the camera’s field of view that you want to keep a closer eye on (such as the backyard) means you’ll only receive alerts when activity or people are detected in the areas that you specify.
• Familiar Face Alerts. Using powerful face recognition learning technology, Nest Cam IQ outdoor can help you identify, categorise and differentiate between family members and strangers. This means you’ll know the difference between when your child gets back from school, or an unrecognised person enters your home.
• Person Talking and Dog Barking Alerts. Sometimes things happen out of the view. When Nest Cam IQ outdoor hears a person talking or a dog barking it will send you an alert.
Pricing, Availability and Installation
Nest Cam IQ outdoor is available now for €379 EU / £329 GBP on www.nest.com/eu and retailers in countries around Europe where Nest products are sold.
Nest Cam IQ outdoor offers a tamper resistant design and hidden power cable that can be plugged into a standard indoor power socket delivering a secure installation. Customers may prefer to have a professional install the Nest Cam IQ outdoor for them - find a local Nest Pro installer to setup and install your camera here.
Nest’s mission is to create a home that’s thoughtful - one that takes care of the people inside it and the world around it. The company focuses on simple, beautiful and delightful hardware, software and services. The Nest Learning Thermostat™ and Nest Energy Services keep you comfortable and can help reduce energy consumption. The Nest Protect™ smoke and carbon monoxide alarm helps keep you safe and the Nest Safety Rewards program lets you save money through participating home insurance providers. The Nest Secure™ alarm system, Nest Cam™ security cameras, and Nest Hello™ video doorbell help keep an eye on home from anywhere.
Nest products are sold in 20 countries and have been installed in almost every country in the world. The Nest Learning Thermostat has helped save approximately 20 billion kWh of energy to date. And through the Works with Nest program, third-party products can securely connect with Nest devices to make homes safer, more energy efficient and more aware. More than 30,000 Nest Pros around the world help install Nest products. For more information, visit nest.com/eu.
2 Over-the-air updates require an active WiFi connection