Field of view
Audio and lights
- RGB LED
- AC adaptor input: 100-240 V AC, 50/60 Hz, 0.2 A
- AC adaptor output: 5 V DC, 1.4 A
- Camera input: 5 V DC, 1.0 A
In the box
- Nest Cam Outdoor security camera
- Mounting magnet
- Camera wall plate
- Power adaptor
- Adaptor wall plate
- Nest screws
- Wall anchors
- Cable clips
- Installation Guide
- Welcome Guide
Size and weight
- Mass: 313 g
- Height: 7.2 cm
- Width: 7.2 cm
- Depth: 8.9 cm
- Total cable length: 7.5 m
- Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n, 2.4 GHz (WEP, WPA, WPA2 encryption supported)
- Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)
- Wi-Fi connection.
- Working broadband internet connection with at least 2 Mbps upload speed.
- Requires a web browser, or a compatible phone or tablet with the free Nest app and Bluetooth 4.0. Some phones, tablets and networks do not support 1080p. For more info, please visit nest.com/se/requirements.
- At 720p, each camera requires 200 to 500 Kbps of upload bandwidth while streaming video.
- At 1080p, each camera requires 450 to 1200 Kbps of upload bandwidth while streaming video.
- Cameras will use more bandwidth to stream video when there is more motion in a scene.
- If you subscribe to Nest Aware, your camera will stream all video to the cloud for secure offsite storage. At 720p, each camera could use 60 GB to 160 GB of upload bandwidth per month. At 1080p, each camera could use 140 GB to 380 GB of upload bandwidth per month.
- 2-year limited warranty. For support, visit nest.com/se/support
- Our support team is also available seven days a week.
Nest Cam Outdoor can go anywhere you want to see.
Install it over the front door to watch who comes and goes. Mount it outside the garage to keep an eye on the driveway. Or even stick it to a steel rain gutter using the magnetic mount.
In the box
Weatherproof camera head with
attached 3-metre USB cable.
Unique double-sided magnet, so you can point the camera exactly where you like.
Weatherproof adaptor and cable
4.5-metre cable that you can leave out in the rain.
Secure your cables so it’s neat, tidy and tamper resistant.
Anchors and screws
Exactly as many as you need.
Up and running in four simple steps.
1. Set up your camera in the Nest app.
Power up your camera indoors and connect it to the free Nest app.
Learn more >
2. Choose a good location.
Check the Nest app to make sure you’re able to stream video from that spot.
See our placement tips >
3. Install the camera.
Make sure that you’ve got the right angle (check the app), then screw in the camera and adaptoradaptor to your wall. Or if you’ve got a magnetic surface nearby, you can skip drilling and just stick the camera onto the mount.
Watch the installation video >
4. Share the feed with your family.
Invite your family to join your Nest account. They can make clips, review video history and help keep an eye on things.
Learn more >
Low on time? Need some help?
What we do
What we don’t do
24/7 live streaming
Nest Cam plugs in so it doesn’t run out of power. And you can check in as much as you want.
Cameras that rely on batteries give you limited streaming to conserve power. And what happens if they die when you’re on holiday?
24/7 continuous recording
With Nest Aware (sold separately), you can see the full story, not just part of what happened.
Record event snippets
Some cameras only record if they sense motion. But if they miss something, you will too.
With Nest Aware, Nest Cam can tell the difference between a person and a thing. So you'll get alerts that you care about.
Some cameras can only tell if there’s motion, so you won't be able to tell the difference between a person and a tree swaying.
Let a stranger know that you’re paying attention, or hear what’s happening.
So you can’t speak to get someone's attention or listen in.
Crisp 1080p video
Nest Cam’s high-quality glass lens, image sensor and 8x digital Clear Zoom let you see every detail in full 1080p HD.
Some cameras say they have HD, but their sensors and plastic lenses can give you a lower image quality.
Bright, clear Night Vision
Eight infrared LEDs help you see the whole picture, even when it’s pitch black.
Grainy video at night
Some cameras give you a pixelated spotlight view when it’s dark.
Quick, easy setup
Nest Cam Outdoor is designed for simple setup. Just plug in the cable and adaptor, mount the camera and go.
That may require tangles of cables, remote hubs and drilling through walls.
With Nest Aware, Nest Cam safely and securely stores your video history in the cloud, so you can access it any time.
If a camera stores video on a memory card and is stolen, there’s no way to go back and see what happened.
Shared live streams
Create public or password-protected live streams to share with family, neighbours or the whole world.
No shared live streams
So if you want to share what’s going on, you have to give away your password.
Check in from all devices
Sign in to the Nest app anytime from a phone, tablet or laptop. And invite family members to do the same.
Check in from one device
Some cameras can only stream to one device. But what if you lose your phone or want to check in from your laptop?