Nest Aware Promo Official Rules
Important: Please read these rules before entering this Promotion (the "Promotion"). By participating in this Promotion, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements below.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS PROMOTION.
Promotion void where prohibited by law. Subject to applicable federal, state, and local laws.
1. Eligibility: The Promotion is open only to Nest Cam owners who:
Own a Nest Cam before the Promotion Period (defined below) starts;
Are legal U.S. residents currently residing in the 50 United States or the District of Columbia; and
Are at least 18 years old (or the age of majority in their jurisdiction, whichever is older) at the time of entry.
Directors, officers, members, managers, and employees of Nest Labs, Inc. ("Sponsor") and any of Sponsor’s parent companies, affiliate companies, subsidiaries, agents, professional advisors, advertising, promotional, public relations, and fulfillment agencies, consultants, legal counsel, website providers, web masters, and immediate family members (spouses, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, and "step" child, wherever they may live) of each are not eligible to win any prize. IF YOU DO NOT MEET ANY OF THESE REQUIREMENTS, OR ANY OTHER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN A PRIZE. To be eligible to win a prize, entries must be completed and received by Sponsor in the manner and format designated below.
2. Promotion Period: The Promotion starts at 12:00:01 a.m. Pacific Time on June 1, 2017 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. Pacific Time on September 30, 2017 (the "Promotion Period"). All entries must be received during the Promotion Period and meet other requirements in these Official Rules to be eligible to win a prize. Sponsor’s or its designee’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Promotion.
3. How to Enter: To enter, complete the following steps during the Promotion Period:
- Go to www.nest.com/submit-video and submit a clip captured on your Nest Cam via the "Submit Clip" portal. Please note that, in order to submit a clip, you will be required to accept both Nest’s Video Submission Terms and these Nest Aware Promo Rules.
By completing the above instructions in connection with this Promotion and submitting your video (together, the "Submission"), you agree that your Submission conforms to the Guidelines and Restrictions detailed below. Sponsor, in its discretion, may remove any Submission and disqualify you from the Promotion if it believes that your Submission fails to conform with the Guidelines and Restrictions.
Submission Guidelines and Restrictions
a. Your Submission must not supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading information.
b. Your Submission must be your original creation and be owned one hundred percent (100%) by you, or alternatively you must have the full rights to grant the license and rights you grant to Sponsor in Section 10 below.
c. Your Submission must not (as determined in Sponsor’s discretion): (i) violate any third-party rights, including, but not limited to, copyrights, trademark rights, or rights of privacy and publicity; (ii) contain disparaging or defamatory statements; (iii) include threats to any person, place, business, or group; (iv) be obscene, offensive, or indecent; (v) depict any risky behavior; (vi) contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm, against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and/or (vii) contain unauthorized third-party trademarks or logos.
If participating in this Promotion via your mobile device (which service may only be available via select devices and participating wireless carriers and is not required to enter), you may be charged for standard data use from your mobile device according to the terms in your wireless service provider’s data plan. Normal airtime and carrier charges and other charges may apply to data use and will be billed on your wireless device bill or deducted from your pre-paid balance. Each wireless carrier’s rate plan varies, and you should contact your wireless carrier for information on data plans and charges.
4. Identity of Entrant: All Submissions must be submitted by the individual entrant. Bulk or automated entries will be disqualified (including, for example, entries made using any script, macro, bot, or promotional service). Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email account. Any attempt to obtain additional entries through fraud, bots, or other illegitimate means will result in disqualification, at Sponsor’s discretion.
In the event of a dispute about the identity of the entrant, entries will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. An "authorized account holder" means the natural person who is assigned to an e‑mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e‑mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e‑mail address. Each potential winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the email account associated with the winning entry.
5. Selection and Notification of Winner: Throughout the Promotion Period, Sponsor will select 49 potential winners of the prize based on the most apt, original, and interesting Submissions received. These Submissions may be featured on the nest.com domain and in other marketing materials. The odds of winning depend on the number and quality of eligible entries received.
Each potential winner will be notified via email during the Promotion Period. If (i) the attempted notification is returned as undeliverable without a forwarding address; (ii) any required documents are not returned within seven days, including but not limited to the Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release; or (iii) if winner is otherwise unable to accept the prize as stated, prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner in accordance with the above selection method. If, by reason of a print or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these Official Rules, an alternate winner will be selected in accordance with the above selection process from among all eligible claimants making purportedly valid claims to award the prizes available.
Verification of Potential Winner: EACH POTENTIAL WINNER IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE PROMOTION. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A PRIZE WINNER UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE AND NO FURTHER ACTION IS NEEDED.
6. Prize: 49 winners will each receive a 1-year Nest Aware subscription with 10-day video history. (Approximate Retail Value of each subscription: $100 each). Total ARV of all prizes: $4,900.
Prize Restrictions: ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges of prize will be permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable or greater value for any prize. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes or components of a prize(s). Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules are available to be won in the Promotion.
Except for applicable manufacturer’s standard warranties, prize is awarded "AS IS" and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
7. Disclaimer: Sponsor and any of its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, professional advisors, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, public relations firms, employees and advertising, fulfillment and marketing agencies (collectively, the "Released Parties") will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer or communications-related malfunctions or failures; (c) any Promotion disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor or by non-authorized human intervention; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion.
8. Limitations of Liability; Releases: By entering the Promotion, you release Sponsor and all Released Parties from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Promotion or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INDIRECT, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION OR USE OR INABILITY TO USE ANY EQUIPMENT PROVIDED FOR USE IN THE PROMOTION OR ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF A RELEASED PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY IN THESE TERMS, NOTHING IN THESE TERMS EXCLUDES OR LIMITS THE RELEASED PARTIES’ LIABILITY FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY CAUSED BY ANY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES’ NEGLIGENCE OR FOR FRAUD.
9. Use of Winner's Name, Likeness, etc.: Except where prohibited by law, entry into the Promotion constitutes permission to use each entrant’s name, hometown, aural and visual likeness and prize information, without limitation, for advertising, marketing, and promotional purposes without further permission or compensation (including in a public-facing winner list). As a condition of being awarded any prize, except where prohibited by law, each winner may be required to execute a consent to the use of their name, hometown, aural and visual likeness and prize information, without limitation, for advertising, marketing, and promotional purposes without further permission or compensation. By entering this Promotion, you consent to being contacted by Sponsor for any purpose in connection with this Promotion.
10. License to Submission: By entering the Promotion and providing your Submission in connection with the Promotion, you hereby grant to Sponsor a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide, nonexclusive license to publish, reproduce, display, perform, distribute, adapt, edit, modify, translate, create derivative works based upon, and otherwise use and sublicense your Submission, or any portion thereof (including without limitation your name and likeness as shown and conveyed in the Submission), in connection with the Promotion and for other advertising, marketing, and promotional purposes, and to incorporate Submissions, in whole or in part, into other works in any manner, form, media or technology now known or later developed. Sponsor will have no obligation to publish or use or retain any Submission you submit or to return any such Submission to you. You agree that it is your sole responsibility to obtain all permissions and releases necessary for the grant of the rights contained in this paragraph. You agree to take, at Sponsor's expense, any further action (including, without limitation, execution of affidavits and other documents) reasonably requested by Sponsor to effect, perfect or confirm Sponsor's rights as set forth above in this paragraph. You will not be entitled to compensation for any use by Sponsor, or its agents, licensees or assignees, of your Submission.
12. Intellectual Property Notice: NEST LABS is a trademark of Nest Labs, Inc. The Promotion and all accompanying materials are copyright © 2016 by Nest Labs, Inc. All rights reserved.
13. Disputes: Except where prohibited by law, entrant agrees that all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Northern District of California or the appropriate state court located in Santa Clara County, California. These Official Rules are governed by the laws of the State of California without reference to its conflict of law or choice of law doctrines. YOU WAIVE ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THESE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMIT TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS.
14. General Conditions: Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Promotion or any entrant's participation in the Promotion should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor's control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Promotion, or Sponsor otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the Promotion as planned. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, violate any law, rule or regulation in connection with participation in the Promotion, tamper with the operation of the Promotion or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Promotion or any other entrant (in each case as determined in Sponsor's sole discretion) are subject to disqualification from entry into the Promotion. Any attempt by an entrant or other individual to deliberately damage any website associated with this Promotion or undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be in violation of criminal and civil law and sponsor reserves the right to prosecute and seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor reserves the right to lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries received that contain inappropriate or offensive content. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules will not constitute a waiver of that provision. Any provision of these Official Rules deemed unenforceable will be enforced to the extent permissible, and the remainder of these Official Rules will remain in effect.
15. Sponsor: Nest Labs, Inc., 3400 Hillview Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA.