Installation Terms and Conditions
We can arrange for a Nest Pro ("Installer") to install your Nest Learning Thermostat in your home. Installation in most cases takes about 75 minutes, with an extra 45 minutes for each additional thermostat.
The following Terms and Conditions apply to installation of the Nest Learning Thermostat in the United Kingdom.
Preparing for installation:
- Installation appointments may be scheduled to take place during normal business hours Monday to Friday, subject to the availability of an Installer.
- You must ensure that you have all necessary consents before installation, including but not limited to the permission of a landlord where necessary or any permissions required where the property is part of a listed building. Nest and the Installer reserve the right to check all necessary permissions before carrying out any installation. Neither Nest nor the Installer shall be liable for your failure to obtain any necessary consent.
- Before commencing installation, your Installer will check that the Nest Learning Thermostat is compatible in your home. If the Nest Learning Thermostat is incompatible, contact your place of purchase for return information.
- Your Installer will consult and agree with you on the best place in your home to install the Nest Learning Thermostat. Once agreed, your Installer will install the Nest Learning Thermostat, Heat Link and, if requested, the Stand for the Nest Learning Thermostat.
- The cost of installation includes the Installer connecting your Nest Learning Thermostat to your home Wi-Fi service, or, if requested, showing you how to connect yourself.
- Once installed, the Installer will run tests to check that the Nest Learning Thermostat is correctly installed and is working.
- The Installer will also give you an introduction to the product and a demonstration of how it works.
- Installation does not include any service that is not explicitly referred to in these Terms and Conditions, including but not limited to the cost of running new wires required to install the thermostat. The Installer will confirm any additional service required prior to commencing that service and will agree to the cost for that service with you.
- Boiler servicing or boiler repair is not included as part of the installation service. If you would like to have additional heating work completed, you can discuss this with the Installer, who may give you a quote and bill you directly for any separate work that is agreed.
- If the installation of the Nest Learning Thermostat is in a new location in your home, the Installer will cover any old thermostat wires with a blanking plate. However, following installation you might need to redecorate, restore or repair areas close to your Nest Learning Thermostat at your own cost.
Returns and Warranty Conditions:
If, for any reason, you want to return the Nest Learning Thermostat for a refund, please contact your place of purchase for return information. Unless otherwise agreed with your place of purchase, where the installation service has been performed, you will be responsible for all costs associated with returning the Nest Learning Thermostat (including uninstallation and the costs of shipping the Nest Learning Thermostat back to your place of purchase) and you will not be entitled to a refund for the installation price.
If the Nest Learning Thermostat fails to conform to the Limited Warranty during the Warranty Period, you should contact Nest customer support during the Warranty Period. What the Limited Warranty covers and the period of coverage is located at https://nest.com/uk/legal/warranty/thermostat/. The Limited Warranty does not cover Ineligible Products which includes Products that have been subject to handling, storage, installation, testing, or use not in accordance with the User’s Guide or other instructions provided by Nest Labs. For problems arising from the installation services, you should contact the Installer.
- To the extent applicable by law, Nest excludes all liability for any damage caused to your property during installation of your Nest Learning Thermostat.
- We accept no liability if installation services cannot be provided for reasons which are beyond our control, such as fire, accidents, war, adverse weather conditions, industrial disputes, strikes and lock outs which we are not directly involved in.
These terms and conditions are in addition to any terms and conditions of the Installer.
These Terms and Conditions are governed by English law.