Installation Terms and Conditions Doorbell
We can arrange for a Nest Pro ("Installer") to install your Nest Hello in your home. Installation in most cases takes about 90 minutes.
The following Terms and Conditions apply to installation of the Nest Hello in the United Kingdom.
Preparing for installation:
- Installation appointments may be scheduled to take place during normal business hours Monday to Friday, subject to the availability of an Installer.
- You must ensure that you have all necessary consents before installation, including but not limited to the permission of a landlord where necessary or any permissions required where the property is part of a listed building. Nest and the Installer reserve the right to check all necessary permissions before carrying out any installation. Neither Nest nor the Installer shall be liable for your failure to obtain any necessary consent.
- The Nest Hello is designed to replace an existing wired doorbell. Before commencing installation, your Installer will check that your existing doorbell is compatible and what work is required to install the Nest Hello in your home. If the Nest Hello is incompatible or cannot be installed, contact your place of purchase for return information.
- Installation of Nest Hello, the Nest chime connector, and if required, a replacement transformer.
- The cost of installation includes the Installer connecting your Nest Hello to your home Wi-Fi service, or, if requested, showing you how to connect it yourself.
- Once installed, the Installer will run a post-installation doorbell test to check that the Nest Hello is correctly installed. The Installer will test that:
- The Nest Hello has sufficient power (and is not displaying a yellow or red light ring);
- The chime rings correctly; and
- You receive Nest app notifications when the doorbell button is pressed.
- The Installer will also give you an introduction to the Nest Hello and the Nest app, and a demonstration of how they work.
- Installation does not include any service that is not explicitly referred to in these Terms and Conditions, including but not limited to the cost of running new wires required to install the video doorbell, or replacing a non-wired doorbell. The Installer will confirm any additional service required prior to commencing that service and will agree to the cost for that service with you.
- The Nest Hello is likely to be installed in the location of your existing doorbell. However, following installation you might need to redecorate, restore or repair areas close to your Nest Hello at your own cost.
Returns and Warranty Conditions:
If, for any reason, you want to return the Nest Hello for a refund, please contact your place of purchase for return information. Unless otherwise agreed with your place of purchase, where the installation service has been performed, you will be responsible for all costs associated with returning the Nest Hello (including uninstallation and the costs of shipping the Nest Hello back to your place of purchase) and you will not be entitled to a refund for the installation price.
If the Nest Hello fails to conform to the Limited Warranty during the Warranty Period, you should contact Nest customer support during the Warranty Period. What the Limited Warranty covers and the period of coverage is located at https://nest.com/uk/legal/warranty/doorbell/. The Limited Warranty does not cover Ineligible Products which includes Products that have been subject to handling, storage, installation, testing, or use not in accordance with the User’s Guide or other instructions provided by Nest Labs. For problems arising from the installation services, you should contact the Installer.
- To the extent applicable by law, Nest excludes all liability for any damage caused to your property during installation of your Nest Hello.
- We accept no liability if installation services cannot be provided for reasons which are beyond our control, such as fire, accidents, war, adverse weather conditions, industrial disputes, strikes and lock outs which we are not directly involved in.
These terms and conditions are in addition to any terms and conditions of the Installer.
These Terms and Conditions are governed by English law.